Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 15: The Person You Miss the Most

Dear Entire Family,

To those in California: It seems so unfair that you all are so far. Nearly on the other side of the country. We seem to see you only every 5-10 years. The 1st time I met Grandma and Aunt Bev was so intriguing. I could see myself in you all. I never felt like I looked much like my mom’s side of the family and then to come to California shortly after your visit in 1997, we were able to meet everyone. I am closest to Aunt Bev and her girls. I love yall so much!! J You’ve always been so caring and thoughtful. You’ve opened your home several times and it means so much. I miss Grandma, hoping to see her soon. It worries me that she is getting older and we don’t see nor talk to her often enough. She crosses my mind often. The family reunion we had was nice in 2007, love getting to see everyone, although the last time we seen them, they had changed so much from the 10 years prior! LOL. Regardless of how often we speak and see one another, we are still family, I see my heritage the most in your faces, and you mean the world to me. You all are the closest thing I have left to make me feel close to my dad. Oh, plus I cannot wait to share our family tree and ancestry!!!

To those in Nebraska: Big Sissy and your family keep in contact thru FB and mom of course. We get to see yall once a year usually, which is always great since we are one big happy family, haha. I miss getting to see grandma and grandpa. They are getting older and it worries me I won’t get to see them before I need to. I miss seeing all of my cousins and getting to see their families grow up. I am the only one of the grandkids without child, but I am also unmarried, so that is ok! I miss grandma Marie’s yummy pickles and the REAL eggs for breakfast. I see so much of mom in her siblings. I love that Aunt Fern still sends birthday cards, she is so sweet! Plus, I can’t wait to get to come to meet Lawrence and his family when we come in Dec or Jan. Hopefully Teresa will come too. Even though Wade, Kris, and Curtis dont live in Nebraska anymore, I miss them too. We never get to see them either. Makes me sad, but hopefully in 2011 we will get to see EVERYONE!!
Love and miss everyone!!
Misty Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment