Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 20: Letter to the One That Broke My Heart the Hardest

Todays letter isnt to anyone in particular because I dont know who it would apply to:
At this point in life, I am not so sure that my heart has been broken. I believe I have been hurt, lied to, deceived, and disappointed. But I can’t say that I have honestly had my heart broken. There have been times in my life when I was deeply saddened by other people’s actions and thought I wouldn’t be able to move on due to circumstances. There have been times that my heart hurt so bad that I couldn’t sleep at night. There have been times that my heart hurt so bad that I couldn’t eat. To be broken means to have to put the pieces back together. Therefore since I haven’t had to put the pieces back together, I don’t know that my heart has truly been broken. I can definitely say it has been wounded or hurt, but not shattered. It has been patched but not needed to be healed just yet. I am a strong woman, and it takes an awful lot to bring me down.
I would like to think I haven’t broken any ones heart. I would be open to say there are people out there that may have been ready for more than I was at that particular time, but they understood. Hence, I know of people from my past that have moved on to be married, have children, or both.  I have always tried to be open and honest so that no one gets their feelings hurt. It hurts less for someone to be upfront rather than lead someone on and in the end, they are crushed. Hurt people, hurt people. I would never hurt anyone intentionally; which is why I have respectful friendships with people from my past.
At the end of the day, we need to remember to love ourselves more than anyone else. Especially those not worthy of our love in the first place. Real love is unconditional. And I know the one person who will never break our hearts, He is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment