Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 21: Letter to Someone I Judged By Their First Impression


James singing in pink polo
 Dear James:
I know this letter is random, but the reason probably won’t surprise you. Maybe, maybe not. Tammy will probably find it funny.  This letter was a difficult one because most often we judge people by their first impression. That is how we immediately form an opinion or decide whether or not a friendship will form or not. Since I am not usually wrong, but I was about you, so you stick out in my mind. When I first started working at Nicholas, I believe you were wearing a pink polo shirt. When you talk, you use your hands. You are soft spoken. If I remember correctly, you were particular about never wearing brown and black together as it is a no no. I would have sworn you were a gay man. LOL!!! You know more about certain topics than maybe any man should. You have a sensitive side to you as well. You are kind and caring, which are only a couple of reasons why your wife loves you so much and makes you a great husband to her. On the other hand, you have your guy nights with your boys. You love manly movies and being a daddy to your precious baby boy. I now know that you consider yourself, what was the word? Metro-Sexual? You have married a phenomenal woman. Ironically in a weird twist, I knew her thru Sarah when we were in elementary school.  Small world.  Scary I know you so well, huh? But I was very wrong, you are not gay, and I would like to think you wouldn’t be offended. Not that there is anything wrong with people that are in any way. I love all people! But yes, I did judge you wrongly when I first met you…Sorry! J
Sincerely,
Misty
Beautiful Family

No comments:

Post a Comment