Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2: Letter to My Crush



Dear Randy Travis:

I fell in love with you when I was 3 years old. I grew up and listened to all of your songs and memorized them all. I even still have all of the cassette tapes. “Forever and Ever, Amen”, “On the Other Hand”, “Diggin Up Bones”, “Deeper Than The Holler”, ”Three Wooden Crosses” and “I Told You So” are a few that stick out in my mind. When I was 13 years old, my father got tickets to see you perform in Rupp Arena, as a surprise. But even more surprisingly I didn’t get to go because my mother took us away for the summer. I was hurt and always regretted not being able to go. Especially after he passed away, I felt that was a memory that could have been, that was taken away from me.

A few months ago a co-worker heard on the radio that you were coming with LeAnn Rhimes to perform outside at Applebees Park. I hadn’t been that excited in a long time. It touched me that she thought of me and offered to go with me to see you! I am now 27 years old and never thought I would get the chance to see you in concert!! Of course, it rained most of the time. Yet, I loved every minute and didn’t mind at all. I actually enjoyed it that much more. We even got to come to the field and see you up close. I felt like I was in Heaven, the joy I felt. Worst part was, my camera battery was dead and I didn’t get a single picture. Funniest part was, Gari-Lynn who came with me - told people a little fib to get us so close to the stage that I could almost touch you - that it was my birthday and she was my mother & that my father had passed away & that I grew up listening to you with him (that part was true). But she touched my heart even more that night because she knew what it meant for me to get this 2nd chance at seeing you in person.

Ironically, today I found out you divorced from your wife of 19 years. I have always found you to be an upstanding man and a Christian man. I truly hope you didn’t cheat on your wife & that the divorce was a result of other issues. I hope the rest of your tour is successful and thank you again for the music you provide to your fans. My taste in music has diversified quite a bit since I was 3 years old, but I still have a love for you.

“It’s not what you take when you leave this world behind you. It’s what you leave behind you when you go”

Love Forever & Ever Amen,
Misty H
 

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious but cool.
    Check out my blog at www.LexKyBlog.com

    ReplyDelete