Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 16: Letter to Someone Not in the Country


Taji, Iraq 2010
Dear Justin, I would like to start by saying how proud of you I am. You served our country in the Navy once and now you are back overseas as a civilian to provide for your family. You have made sacrifices for those you love and are a good man. You are my sister’s husband, father to my nephews, and my brother-in-law. I couldn’t have asked God to have provided her with a better man. Although when you 2 first began dating, I wasn’t a fan much. Just goes to show, people change. You are always willing to help with anything. Whether I needed help financially, mechanically, or whatever it may be; you’ve never hesitated to help me. Many times, I didn’t have to even ask. I appreciate everything you’ve done, not just for me but for your family. The first time you left, you missed Tyler’s birth, but I recorded it for you. This time you’ve been gone a year. Your sons know who you are, without a doubt. But in your absence, I have tried to help Mindy when she needs it as much as possible. Which, of course, I have always been a third wheel to you two anyways, LOL. Best part about it is, you never mind, at least I don’t think?? Ha. This past summer you came home for 2 weeks, my car was going all crazy, no mechanic could figure it out. But guess what? You did! You fixed the alternator and belt…its 198k miles and still going strong! You’ve spoiled Mindy beyond words. Anything she wants, she gets. The boys miss their daddy. Just yesterday at moms, Tyler said: Cant I go home and wait for daddy to come home? ONLY TWO MORE WEEKS AND YOU WILL BE HOME FOR GOOD. As the whole FB world knows, as Mindy has driven us all crazy with her status’, you are missed and everyone is looking forward to you getting back safely. This past year has actually gone by pretty quickly, debts have been paid, necessities taken care of, the boys growing up, Mindy learning to appreciate your presence, and you get your job back. See you soon brother!
Love ya,
Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment