Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 19: Letter to Someone That Pesters My Mind, Good or Bad

Dear Jack
I saved your life last November. I went with Mindy, Justin, Tyler, and Tanner to get you at the Humane Society. Tyler was wanting a dog or a cat as always. They had already done the dog thing and Mindy said no more dogs. So a new kitten it was! I think it was more of a bribe since Justin was going to Iraq for a year and a new animal was supposed to fill a void for Tyler. I personally have always hated cats, thought they were gross and evil. We looked for a while. Mindy was trying to get Tyler a big fluffy one. I said no that’s too girlie and Tyler needs to pick. So he held several, and I thought you were so pretty and had short hair, so I knew you wouldn’t shed much. I was hoping he would get you because you were so cute and sweet. And he did!! Well you were only 10 weeks old and the people put you in a box, and off to the Sams’ household you went. Tyler named you Jack after Tanners toy, the jack in the box. One week later, I went over after church and asked where you were. Justin had a funny look on his face and looked at Mindy. I said again, where is he? Mindy finally said, “I put him outside”. So I asked, “How long ago?” She replied, “About an hour ago”. Besides the fact that Tyler had thrown you down their flight of stairs and up against the wall in his room. She said you used the potty on her carpet, well she had your litter box upstairs!  L I was in shock! You were so little and it was so cold outside. I just knew you had run away and were gonna get run over by a car or starve or freeze to death! Funny thing is, I don’t even like cats, and not sure why I cared. I ran to the back door, looked outside, and there you were curled up in a ball in the corner of the house trying to stay warm. I brought you back in, and you purred. Your little motor was just a running.  It broke my heart, so I texted my roommate Sarah and asked her if she was allergic to cats. She wrote back yes but why. I told her and she said to bring you home! So, I did just that.
13 weeks old

I never had a pet growing up, but I learned quickly how to care for you. I must say you are spoiled! I’ve bought you every kind of toy imaginable. You eat dry food, but you get wet food once a week. You get fresh water several times a day (thanks to Nanny). Your food bowl stays full. You get treats every night when I get home. You drive me crazy with your constant need of attention; I thought cats were low maintenance. Boy, was I wrong! You don’t shed bad, so that’s good. I’ve never had a problem with you using the bathroom on my floor. Although, I hate having to clean your litter box. GROSS. You are so nosy. You sometimes wake me in the mornings when you climb on my dresser looking for my hair ties. You don’t bother me when I sleep anymore; I think you learned to know better. Instead, you lay outside my room waiting for me to wake. You like to pull up corners of the carpet, which drives me insane. What is up with that?? I love how you look up at me with curiosity. I love how when I get home, you are waiting on me; you climb up and sit in my lap to be petted. You don’t scratch me nor bite me. Overall, you are a pretty good pet. But you still have ways that pester me. You are loved. Even by Nanny, who claims to hate you. I personally think she will miss us both when we move out. J
1 year old

                                                        Love,                                                        
Momma


1 comment:

  1. Hey Misty...came to blog via James H.

    I just got my 1st pet, I am 37, and she was just a baby in the middle of the road. My hubs rescued her. I did not realize how much one's life improved by having a pet!

    Great blog...think I will steal this idea for the month of January...I already write open leters to companies that make my life better...Ale-8, Maker's Mark, Hanes, OPI, and the makers of Chlorox...LOL.

    Come visit me over at www.lifeasanewmrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete