Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 9: Letter to Someone I Wished I Could Meet

Dear Lawrence & Teresa,

I would love to meet you and your families soon. I found you a couple of months ago thru ancestry.com. I am still in shock that I was able to locate your mother and then find you two so easily and quickly. I always knew I had 2 more siblings but never knew what you looked like or if you still had the same last name as I or even where you lived. I was glad to find out that even your mother changed it back to her married name of Hankin. You each have your own families and lives. You two had no idea we even existed, and I know to hear from me, was a shock!! I caught your mom off guard, she was about as speechless as I was once I identified who I was. I was nervous, but knew in my heart that I had to at least reach out to you both. I wish I had found you years ago, but never got around to it or even tried. I am delighted that you both were open about getting to know us and accepting of the fact that we were your younger siblings. I didn’t know what to expect and wouldn’t have blamed you if you had just pushed us away. I cannot believe how much Lawrence favors dad and how much Teresa and I look alike. I am sorry for what the past is, but hope to make brighter memories for the future.
I hope to meet you around Christmas time. That would be the best Christmas present in the whole world!! I will be in contact to let you know of our plans to Nebraska for the Holidays. I cant wait to meet you and get to know you and your families more!

Love Always,
Misty Hankin

Teresa
Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment